Tuesday, November 17, 2020

The seeking peace and joy dictionary. R


 THE SEEKING PEACE AND JOY DICTONARY. — — R — —


r is for 

Radio


radio ...noun


A magical device that takes music from somewhere and drops it into your. Soul....oh wait. Maybe that ‘a just me...however let’s go with it.  It was round about 1968 and it was my birthday and with one last gifted quarter from my Grandmother  who worked just up jefferson.st, I had $2.68 which was just enough to  buy the used  converted “stingray from an old guy who sold  used bikes out of his garage.  He was the grandpa of Donny and Ronny the Armstrong twins and worked at the train repair shop so anything he put together was going to weigh  just less than a small aircraft carrier, but it wasn’t going to break and that was just perfect.   Anyway I back to the $2.68...well that was enough to buy a GE portable  radio and the 9 volt battery it required so come just  about dark I could tune in 1490 KBUR and listen to the top ten countdown.  It would be a few years until I became familiar with  Hendrix, but there were some Beatles  songs and some Rolling. Stones and  a Simon and Garfunkel  ditty wafting through the air.  Best of all I could put. In the ear plug and listen to the rhythm  without  hearing  the distracting  noise of any neighbors including our landlord squeezing  every last dollar out of the  working. Poor in our  little town.  With the antenna  up I could reach out all the way to  foreign soil  like Chicago, St. Louis, and every now and then Omaha  wherever the heck that was.  Anyway .. this radio brought me music and this music  played with my imagination and the emotions of  a 9 year-old dreamer and it never. Really quit from then forward.  I met some of my dearest friends ever doing college radio and have used  music  coming over the air to seek a change in a mood so often.  I have tuned in for music to sing, music to make work go by quicker, music to dance and drink to...and yes music.I could play loud  group annoy my roommates and neighbors ...


The point. I want to make is that seeking. Peace and joy  is done better when we connect with an artist who is sharing  experiences. And their  meanings in ways that we can listen to and feel at at once and I am grateful that this thing called a radio exists.  


Redemption Song....Noun



Just find it on the radio or on. YouTube and  listen to it...any commentary  added here would be at best distracting


Rhymes


Rhymes...noun(s)



These are  nice little tools that can help us create  little buckets to hold. Emotions that we might need for fuel later or that hold  barriers. For a minute while we look around for options.  some folks like to read them.  Some people are masters at them like Dr. Seuss, and some folks. Cobble together. Song lyrics.with them.  For me finding a rhyme is like breathing for some folks who meditate.  I can focus on the words needed to  make the rhyme  and find myself right in the hear and now staring  at my soul for a peaceful moment.  


Here are the.rhymes I’m working on....or that are working on me. Right now....


I don’t mind if you may think I’m  an ancient hippy freak

I’m not a greasy wheel but you still won’t hear me squeak

I find. No grace in hate so I’ll turn the other cheek 

Love is my revenge and it’s  peace and. Joy I seek


Here have this laugh And smile  lay down your edgy smirks

Through the quicksand and the quagmires of life’s quintessential quirks 

Leave the jungle of the festers and jealous  little jerks

Go seeking like the wise kings who found peace and joy had perks....


There is some more cooking. However that’s enough for  now.  


Rubik’s  CubeRubik’s Cube...noun... see puzzle except  here’s more..


This hand held colorful puzzle was invented in 1974... I think just to keep  most of the children  of the post flower. P power  generation  confused long enough  so that they wouldn’t read history and get outraged at Nixon  and the Vit Nam cluster mess (insert the proper swear word if there are no children. Around).  


Anyway this is a great puzzle to spend some time solving especially to impress. A girl and to use as a timer for activities  that don’t really require a timer, but you want the audience to place false pressure on themselves so that they can feel proud they could finish their task before you finished the cube.  To make a long story short the cube is a puzzle and if you  focus your attention. You can figure out. How to move parts of it and  like magic other parts will come together.  And like seeking peace and joy...many things are  connected and related and in the end if you consider many more than one thing and isolate and focus. Your attention you will see some patterns.  Then  you can work in conjunction. With other purpose and. In the end most the pieces will fall into place.  Then deity a few more spins you can make other more intricate and interesting patterns if you please.   The key is this.... no matter how jumbled things seem you can move, change your perspective, try different combination of experiences and generally you. Will come up with something cool... Either that or you can have your younger cousins  move the stickers around so it never works out or you can paint the whole thing one color and stay bored... the choice is yours.  ..


Look for a post on this  sometime around Christmas...the cube makes a great stocking stuffer!






Well this Road is  over and  tomorrow will be brought to you by the letter. S and (hint) I see a big yellow bird and the forecast looks promising


No comments:

Post a Comment