Tuesday, December 11, 2018

The Morning Walk

So
 I get up in the morning... well I am usually up in the morning and it is  dark outside... and I am  fairly dark inside.  I find my  gloves and some form of. Light.  I am not so much expecting  to see much with the light, but hope to be seen if needed.  I have a route that I. Walk and while I am doing so I usually isten to a book or something... Sometimes. It is music if I feel like. Singing.  But it is early in the morning.  By the time I am. A quarter of the way to the walking path across the bridge I have pretty. Much. Forgotten the weather and am  focused on the information  going on. In my head.... and then something. Curious. Happens.  I lose focus on that. Too.....   and then. It is  just me and the  flickering of  traffic lights and. A few street lamps and the sidewalk and the grass by the sidewalk and the steps forward for a good long while.   I don’t think about. What the people in those cars are going to to do today and don’t  think they are worried about what I’m doing. Either.

So this happens for. About 500 hundred yards or 700 or 642 who knows?

Then I  turn around and. Go the other way. Up the path and   Suddenly the.things I had going. On in my. Head return  for a few. More minutes and then they disappear and I start feeling the weather again and the  steps toward the  bridge which is a  good distance away.  The thing about the bridge is that. The river  marks the edge  where I decide if the rest of the walk is filled with thinking of tasks. For the day our  is it a walk that just amblesa along till I decide I. Need to seek the path.back.  


The thing I know for certain is that I always stop at least for a moment and. Ask the river to  bring me the peace of a thousand years and I know. It is  available in that river and I just need to ask it to flow through. Me.


This. Is a healing. Part. Of my day and. Almost. Always carries. Peace. Alongside.  

So if seeking. Peace.. find a. Walking place... there is a  river or a tree or a park or a highway that  carries the healing. For you there.


Stop for a moment and  soak it in.


No comments:

Post a Comment