Thursday, July 4, 2019

Peace joy independence and thank you

PEACE, JOY, INDEPENDENCE AND THANK YOU

“Do things that matter for people who care.” ...Seth Godin

Okay it’s not. “Give me  liberty or give me death”, howeverfor me independence means having the right to make  choices  and pursuing  meaningful experiences.  

I have had a lifetime full of twists and turns and some of them haven’t been something I would  go out. And buy fireworks to  set off for.  On the other hand, I wasn’t born a slave, a subject of a dictator, or even worse a Patriots fan.  

I respect  everyone from the. Classroom to the battlefield who has fought hard to keep the principles  of representative goverment alive and. Relatively healthy throughout most of my lifetime.  

I do feel joy that  we sit down at desks and tables and write laws to govern our nation and wish everyone would remember that working together great things are always possible.  

So on this Independence Day I want to say  something  that might seem countgerintuitive.  Thanks. Not only for my ability to choose, but also for my freedom to be connected to  others who enable  my efforts to do things that matter for people who care!

Happy 4th Everyone and  here are (more or less the  lyrics to a thank you song that I believe fits for today’s post

“The Thank You Song”

Thanks for these things that you put on my table
These piles of facts, fiction and fable
For a path through the stars that is headed towards stable
And the grace to do all that I’m able
And thank you  for helping me to sew it all up before it comes undone
And thanks. Yes for some fun

Thanks for helping me row faster when my boat springs a leak
And making me stronger when I admit that I’m weak
Helping me tie into my inner freak
And  for knowing how to use this wisdom I seek
And thank you for helping me be ready when it’s my turn to run
And thanks yes for some fun
thanks for not making me a martyr for somebody else’s cause.
And when the words run out thanks for filling in things with some helpful la-la-las

Thanks for putting plenty of time on my clock
And starting my brain before starting my talk
Marking a path upon which to walk
Before all my dreams end up outlined in chalk
And thanks for letting me know when a job’s well done
And thanks  yes for some fun.
Now. When gets to the part of the  day where it ends
Was I a winner or loser? I guess it depends
If you read all the tweets and you follow the trends
But I don’t  because I have the world’s best friends
And I know. That I should thank you for each and every one
And thanks yes for the fun

Hey mighty spirit how are you today
To you some meditate and the others they pray
But I pick up this guitar and it starts to play
As it helps me say all I need to say
And it helps me to see every day as if it were brand new

And for that  I say THANK YOUYep 

No comments:

Post a Comment