Friday, October 4, 2019

Build a circle even though there is an end

Add caption
  This looks like the Looney Tunes ending screen
MAKING PEACE WITH  THE END OF THINGS

Hey Friday by default has been  designated as the end of the work week, although with the trend for people to work part time jobsand  doing their own  career endeavors....one might argue Friday’s distinction is losing a bit of it’s identity.  
The  perception of endings like the work week are pretty valuable when. You are engaged in things. That are not under. Your control or serve as a constant source of fear or anxiety.  As regular human beings we hope for the end.  

So endings  in some sense can bear seen as a  source of joy.  Unfortunately as Tom Petty reminds us... “the waiting is the hardest part.”  
In seeking peace and joy I have not had a great deal of success yet, but am working on this new thought pattern.  If I’m wishing. Something would  end, thenI have a choice.  I can make the best of what remains  in the area of my life I wish  to be rid of or I  can start working on the change I want to see once this ending comes to pass.  I can reduce my emotional ties to the thing that is not going well. I can do this after I ask myself if I’ve given this  a full effort.  If the answer is yes, i usually tell myself to give it one more  great attempt and then understand the time is  at hand to let. My illusion of control go.  Instead of thinking in terms of. “Beginning, Middle, and End”.I’m working on an alternate inner narrative where the story is “beginning, middle, review and change.  Till there be an ending?  Perhaps but it will be linked weigh the learning of the the review and the learning of the change and new effort.  Will there be  a feeling of defeat and loss or grief associated with the end?  Of course, if you act intentionally  in life you have  invested in your actions and relationships, however, you will also. Have started to build your ladder out of that hole so that your time in the penalty box or being stuck will be less and far more peaceful.  If you are moving forward the tasks associated with  working. Through the past will be spread out among tasks of building new things and thus you have a better shot at balance and a far bettter  perspective. Of “failures” or losses as lessons or experiences to be learned from in the future.  
Alright... speaking of endings... I’m feeling the need to move on from here.   The last couple of entries  have  been about beginnning and adopting a “inner beginnner” mindset when posssible.  Now I’m  gtrying to convince myself almost  as much as you that the process that contains. An end is more like a summing up of lessons to  carry forward to new places.  

I feel oke this. Entry has to have a semi-poetic  conclusion.

Someseeds will grow —some others cry
The ground  we’re in is much too dry 
But these were planted side by side
Which. Plants to raise? How to decide?

If we try to  grow them all
None of them get strong or tall
And scarce will be the fruit they bare
Leaving none for us to share

So which to pick to meet the needs? Some that  will yield  fruit—some that will yield seeds
And next time that the soil is turned
Thank EVERY PLANT—from them you’ve learned

For plants you lose shed  but three tears
One  to honor the past years
One to recognize this day’s sharp grief and 
The last for  growing new hope’s belief

Hey 

No comments:

Post a Comment