Wednesday, November 13, 2019

Patience I Peace And Joy

PATIENCE? I WISH...

About  three days ago I  put a handful of chips in a bowl...not so much because I  was craving chips as I must have wanted the sodium and these chips have  about enough to keep the streets of Fargo snow free  half a winter.  anyway I dig in as if I hadn’t eaten for a month.  That’s whyI put the chips in the bowl to avoid just opening the bag and grazing.  Well I’m chomping away and on about the 37th bite it happens... It’s happened to most of us so you’ll  empathize  momentarily.
 I accidentally bit the inside of my lower liP.  Well it wasn’t a horrible  gash except for the fact that I had a mouth full of semi-chewed salt nuggets.  Adding insult to injury—or pouring salt into the wound so to speak—I  knew in an instant that this happened because I  was incredibly impatient to eat.  Why?  I don’t know.  It’s not like someone was going to steal my food and yet I  got this sensation I just had to eat these in a hurry...I couldn’t wait...I needed to eat and get moving on.  
Well as it happens with these type of things you don’t just bite  there once because the bump left with the healing process swells just enough that  your canine catches it  a few times in the next couple days.  Well that’s just one consequence of impatience.  So...here are3 some things I try to remember and some things I try to work on my. Patience.  I’m telling you right up front that I’m not the most successful so these are but suggestions.  Remember that. WD 40 had 39 tries before they got it write and let’s not even talk about. Formula 409.

Lately, I’ve practicing by isolating one of my senses and  in the middle of any given activity just becoming aware of that and paying close attention to it in the moment.  You see impatience is nothing but wanting your future to be here now or at least the future your believe is coming.  so a few seconds ago I 2was paying attention to the bottom of my left foot that is very comfortable in my boot leaning slightly  inward on the leg of the little table where I sit my iPad.  Before that I was sitting. At Chili’s eating  fries and. Decided I wasn’t even. Really  tasting them so I stopped to see how many grains of seasoning I could actually taste.  That  has been working okay for me so fart and  let’s me fill the  present moment with enough engagement that I am not worrying  about what needs to happen RIGHT NOW DAMNIT!”  
The other  mental exercise I use is a mantra or a saying that I keep track of and make sure I say to myself three times a day.  That. Mantra is... “every dream has it’s time and everything happens exactly when it is supposed to whether or not I understand that.”  

So far that is working out okay as long as I make it  part of a couple of routine things I do (I.e. make blog entries).  


Well...I have a few more comments about  impatience and. Patiences. In our society but if I can wait until tomorrow so can you...member  things happen exactly when they are  supposed to.  

No comments:

Post a Comment