Tuesday, May 5, 2020

Does your mind go blank well that’s OK

BLANK SCREEN

Well i was  going to write out this hilarious conversation between my favorite hats.  You see like many folks Iwear a lot of hats (have a lot of roles) and some of them are quite unique.  For example, there is my purple top hat it was worn at my friend’s celebration of life and my two  St. Patrick’s Day top hats and my Cheesehead Tophat  There is my  plastic crown with one missing jewel, my ship’s captain’s  hat, two Christmas hats-one of which is 21 years old.  I have. A great variety of  other hats and I was going to k publish the debate about which one is the favorite given we are in a time when. People. Have traded in some of their hats or are not using some of them in the same way they did a few months back.  

Unfortunately I sat down and saw this blank screen and my thoughts went elsewhere.  instead of getting upset I decided to follow the blank screen to see where it may lead.  

It seems that in seeking peace and joy sometimes you have to let your screen go blank.  Sometimes you have to lay down all the past and your expectations and just  live for what is going on right now.  Anticipating  rough times sets you up for them and creates a defensive posture instead of a curious one.  Looking at today through the cracked lenses of yesterday isn’t particularly accurate or helpful.  So coming across a blank screen and holding there a moment may not be such a bad thing.  Blank screens will come along without working too hard to  create them, however, sometimes meditation or prayer or singing a song and not holding  your voice back will prompt the blank screen.  The key it seems is embracing the blank screen  and not doing  something/anything immediately to fill it up.  

Today the blank screen helped me define just how motivated I needed to be to. Write this blog and how hard it was. To put down the mediocre. Entry I promised to admit that I wasn’t feeling it—I didn’t have my “hat” Hat on today so to speak.  Instead I took a breath and adopted the Wabi-Sabi stance that the hat piece wasn’t set in stone and. That I needed to accept that my plan for it to be that was was not. Perfect.  As quickly as I. Let that go, peace and joy snuck in and the inspiration for this  commentary about the need to encounter and embrace  the blank screen was emerging clearly.  So for me it is important to honor the blank  screen as a plus as long as I know I wil move. From it.  

Well the next time you encounter a question that has you baffled completely or a situation that seems  impossible let it be the blank screen.  Dismiss the history that brought you there and free the anticipation and expectations long enough  so that you can create atruckload of unjudged options.  

So did I abandon my hats altogether?  
No, and here’s  a poem about hats inspired by my brother...you know if you say inspired you don’t have to say I stole. Some of this LoL


you see I have some real fine hair
So I often place. A hat up  there
To keep the sunshine off my head But I’m not a lady who wears the red

I have top. Hats that were made to please 
One purple and one looks like cheese
I have Christmas. Hats worn most by elves and
Too many caps for. All my shelves
Which  is the best?  I can only grin IFor they keep. Rain out and my brain in
To judge them Ijust don’t  know  how
So the favorite one is  what I wear right now.  


May you always. Have the  fortune to choose the hats you wear and. When to let some  go...


More  in a day or two....

No comments:

Post a Comment