Friday, November 19, 2021

500 That’s a lot of Elephants and things to be thankful for


 THANK YOU 500…A Mindset and A Blog?


Do you know how long this post is going to be?  Well this is the third anniversary. Of the seeking peace and joy blog and it is the 500th  posted  entry*I* and I’m using. The I because this is a very personal entry….have grown, asked and received graceful answers to countless wonderments and made concrete connections with  many readers.  In short, I’m am grateful as can be.   Sure some days I worked harder than  an ugly strippers to release the lessons I’m experiencing in word form.  However, on other days the ideas bubbled forth like a well shaken bottle  of Boone’s Farm (ok Champaign maybe).   The process of writing. This has created.a mindset where I perceive and bring meaning to everyday objects in a far richer way. Than when i started and reflexively understanding the public exercise  of sharing these meanings has helped me stay aware of the beauty and the brutality  of my human and spiritual  existence.  In a few words?—win -win!



Okay words are a?wasting…. Here we go…


What leaps to mind when the number  500 rolls beyond my linguistic logjam?  Well there are the  two most famous  US  auto races…. The Daytona and Indianapolis 500.  500 miles has come to light in several songs I kno including how many miles a train has to go before the day is done.  We will talk more about miles and transportation  perspectives a bit down the page.  

5500 hundred. Elephants?  So what if instead of creating  these electronic piles of words, I dropped. Elephants into your  world.  Placed end to end the elephants on parade would stretch  just about 1.98 miles and weighin at a dainty 7.5 million pounds.  I’m not sure how tall a stack of 500 elephants might be… stacking  elephants can be a delicate matter I believe.  Oh you don’t care for elephants… well let’s switch. To donkeys… We’re  only looking at approximately 110,000 pounds for a tribe of 500. I don’t. Know why they call a group of donkeys… (let’s not  think lawyers, bankers, and egotistical who spew  the news as filtered by their opinion.   And speaking about opinion… this afternoon I’m launching a new blog called “the grumpy truth”it will be full of information upon which  I form concepts and will share them… you know a real “stay off my lawn if you’re not mowing it sort of thin… However I’m giving you a sniff here.


500 pennies per gallon?


I’ve gone here before and probably will again… however seeking peace and joy is about perspective and I’d like to offer some perspective.  The average driver on the top side drives 15,000 miles a year.  The average (in today’s auto market car gets 25 miles per gallonThis means that on average  we buy 600 gallons of gas per  year.  Even if gas were 500 pennies per gmattersallon we’re talking three grand.  On insured hospital  overnight $11,000 this past year-Which matters

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations on the 500 milestone! I've heard the first 500 are the hardest. You can coast from here on.

    ReplyDelete