Monday, October 17, 2022

Learning to Read (or fly)



 Learning to Read and Reading to Learn


Just a few minutes ago  aconcept came into my awareness.  You have to learn to read before you can read to learn. In turn, that means someone has to learn how to teach you to read and maybe  someone has to teach you how to read to learn.  Now that means someone  had to learn how to teach you to read to learn and someone had to read about learning  to teach you how to read to learn and you could choose to learn how someone teaches. Others to learn or read in order read to learn.  Confused yet?  So which comes first?—the learning or the reading?   Neither I suspect… maybe it’s the wanting to understand  what others think and say and wanting people to say what they think so we all can think about  what others say?  Oh so.. does that mean we all learn more if we answer some questions and question some answers?   …and


If we learn lessons do we pass them along?  Do we do this often enough?  It seems in the seeking peace and joy universe it’s important to do so… and  there’s this song I wrote a few years back, however  when I was thinking about all the ideas above, I couldn’t remember if I have really ever shared the lyrics to that song and somehow  right now seemed like a good time to pass these lessons along.  So Here we are


Lessons

I’ve learned great lessons from professors and books

Graceful half-drunken women and burned out fry cooks

I thought it was time that I passed them along

So I sat up one night and I wrote down this song….here it goes



The wiser i get the more that I’ve found

Your body just carries your spirit around

And there’s a new circus around every turn

The best thing to do is pay attention and learn

And pass all these lessons to the next passer by

Try to enjoy life and understand why

But if why eludes you don’t wallow in frets

Don’t let your butterfly wings get weighed dow with regrets 

(Chorus so of) 

And breathe and stretch and dance your own dance

And laugh and smile when life gives you the chance

V2


You’ll rarely finish but you’ll often restart

Take your brain with you but follow your heart

And don’t compromise on the things you might change

Understand.normal but celebrate strange

Don’t chase the chaos nor worship control

But run it full throttle when you’re on a roll 


(Chorus)

V3



I’ve heard sermons in bar roooms  and in churches learned  shoulds

But some of the best prayers I’ve ever heard were whispered in woods

And don’t be afraid to believe in forever

But be careful with words like always and never

Don’t shake your fist in the mirror when your patience wears thin

Every dream has its time don’t let apathy win

(Chorus)

V4


You will try to help many but you can’t walk in their place

You can’t battle their  demons especially ones they won’t faceThese are my lessons nearly all that I know

And if you learn half of these well you’ll find your glow

And Once you fink this  well you will go far

To sum it all up…you’ll become who you are 


And you will have learned how to  chorus.. Anyway I’ve asked you read enough today and hope it was to learn… I’ve learned  just buy thinking about  it… Peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment