Friday, January 17, 2020

Pills please enjoy why the sequel is rarely equal

PILLS, PEACE AND JOY
Why as equal is rarely equal

Well...my intent was to. Move away from the box office or  streaming the movies we all know and love yesterday, it became  evident to me. Last. Night that I had done made one  unthinkable error  in my entry and had one additional  thought to share.  First Star Wars was an interesting science fiction adaptation of the. Psychological ideas of Campbell, but  not Erikson...I am embarrassed to note that in my haste I  credited the wrong classic  psychological theorist.  Star Wars has the Arctypical  characteristics of  a Jungian  flavor.  So my apology for that.  It’s  like calling a liberal and a Libertarian  the same thing... not true.  

Anyway that’s not the main. Topic for today.  
While  choosing my top five movies and offering a list of  “others” I left one Movie off intentionally—THE MATRIX.

In my view the. Movie has as much to  do with seeking the truth vs false  happiness or success as any  movie ever made and  like most of the movies I like there is a decided internal and external world. Battle.  If you want to seek peace and joy you must take the red pill and sometimes the rabbit hole gets quite deep.  Real events often aren’t really that real and can be reframed instantly.  Once you reach a certain sense of. What makes you real you  do have  significant  control over the external world where a lot of people  have not chosen to be as aware as they. Could be.  
At the end of the movie (the. First one)  Neo states quite truthfully  he  didn’t  do this to tell  folks how this is going to end, but  to show  people  where. To restart so to speak.   
He  simply says. This is where we begin.  


Obviously, I love all these concepts, and yet, the movie isn’t. On my list.  Why?  

The Sequals
The sequals for this movie we’re ridiculous and completely discounted the spiritual and existential aspects. That were so strong in the first movie.  The two  follow-ups turned. This into a science fiction  war/mystery techno fest.  They  pretty well wiped out the. Richness. Of the first film because the lesson in the first  film was that we need to wake up and change... the other moviewas were simply about fighting and I think they ruined the value  of the  whole conceptual  underpinnings of the original.  

Okay... I have said all I need to about this....if you  are seeking  peace and joy take the red pill and free your mind—tha’t my bit of wisdom  for today.   More soon..but it won’t be a sequel. 

No comments:

Post a Comment