Saturday, January 1, 2022

Meditations Prayers and Poetry Hello Good-bye


 Turning  a Page…Not Quite



Well I…yes I’m writing. In first person today.  Why?  This entry is about prayer and meditation and yes celebration and these are very personal matters so if I’m asking the reader to take things personally…well maybe I owe it to you all.  


At least this once anyway…


for me this time of year is a time of prayer and meditation for a ton of reasons only a few having to do with Christmas, however, that day plus the start of the new year definitely contribute to my state of being/mind.  


So let’s talk meditation.  For me seeking peace and joy means finding ways to bring the things I actually experience in line with spiritual meanings that make sense in answering  the question “why do I exist?”  Peace and Joy are the products of finding insights related to that question.   Meditation helps me actually experience what is going on without attaching the ghosts of what happened before and the fears of the future things I can’t possibly control… (why do i fear things?  Lack of faith mostly…plusit’s good to feel like you control a lot…. Egotism  is easier than humility.  


Meditation places me in a grounded place where my actions have immediate meaning and where I don’t need to worry about any other place or time…. That’s a powerful feeling.  ‘

Also meditation is a place where it feels like I “hear the universal sound” of the great spirit/the force/God.  I can quiet my thoughts, feelings, etc… long enough to be and to learn.  



Prayer…


Now I’ve mentioned this before, yet since it’s still true I’m repeating it today as something for us all to think about.  We often make resolutions about what we want for the new year… we promise ourselves and others changes big and small.  Well… my favorite prayer serves as a reminder about making plans and moving forward in collecting experiences and meanings.  


“Give us today our daily bread”.   

My daily bread is what  I am able to experience and enjoy right now and what i can use to understand my spiritual existence.  I don’t need  to know how it all ends or who comes out on top.  I don’t  need to know if I’ll be successful in the eyes of my friends, family, or the world.   It doesn’t say give me just a little more bread than the next guy or just a bit more than yesterday.  


Forgive us our trespasses…


It doesn’t say… “if  I mess up”. IUt pretty much says… look you are human and sometimes you will f**k up royally.  So… please take into acccount that I will admit. My failures and get over  it when the failures others have create potholes in my fast lane.  

As I forgive those who trespass against me.   It doesn’t say  if you are right hold a grudge until the whole world decrees  you were smarter, faster, wiser, and altogether better than someone else.  It also doesn’t say a human’s forgiveness  has to be infinite it says be reasonable  people… It says take a shot at being fair  and don’t whine.  

It seems  if I can hold on tight to these simple things it doesn’t matter what day the calendar says… 

Now thank you all for reading all year or listening to the podcast… I’mhumbledby thenumbers so it is fitting. I toast you all as the ball gets ready to drop’


The road ahead may not be clear 

But we’ll fly ahead with love not fear

We’ll hold each other’s spirits. High

And last year can kiss our ass good-bye



Love You All 

No comments:

Post a Comment