Tuesday, March 12, 2019

A difference between a trip and a journey

pastedGraphic.png



On a  trip  you  worry more about  the starts and where it ends While on a journey  you concern yourself with new sites and old friends.... —Or old sites and new  friends if it's what the journey brings It's not about the t-shirts  that prove that you did things.

On a trip you often take a plane so you can get there fast 
Except through TSA  where the fun can last and last 
As you remove your belt and shoes and put them in a bin then stand and raise your  arms and let the search begin

Then they put  you in a tube  and shoot you through the sky If it all works  you get  there fast and if not you'll just die

On a plane  your trip can be ok or a misery complete 
If you happen to get assigned the dreaded middle seat

For on one side theres the one who'll talk your ear off like a fool 
and on the other side the one who coats your sleeve with drool

But  some plane rides are not all that bad and sometimes time is key 

So I'll buckle in  and takeoff 
To get where I must be.  
Just remember if you're flying and  you see on-coming boats 
Just pull off your seat supposedly it floats

Next week I'll take the train with whatever speed it lacks

They have seats that are  comfy  and they rarely  jump the tracks
And you can see the world passing by see some buildings see some faces
And imagine  what has happened  in all these rural places.  How many cows have crossed this roadHow many dear have dodged near misses
H
ow many teenage  couples  have drank  tonics and fumbled through first kisses.   
You see places from the train  that you just don't see every day.  I suspect to take a journey tis' my favorite way
I don't mind  a car or a pick up truck Till a traffic jam and then you're stuck

And then inside I scream oh.......
And wish that I'd  had different luck
In the end I guess it's about control
Over how things fly or how they roll

So if I had the time I'd nearly always bike and stop as often as I'd like

Or even use my feet to hike and wave at every  girl and boy
On my daily little journey— the one towards peace and Joy


No comments:

Post a Comment