Thursday, March 14, 2019

How to Cope With Writer's Block

Leaping Over Writer's Block

Well here you sit with writer's bloc
Your brain's a mess and your pen won't talk
Your keyboard waits and laughs quiet silently
You'd like to take  and throw it violently

Yesterday the thoughts were flowing 
Paragraphs and word  count growing
So what happened when you  went to sleep
Did demons into your  mind creep?

Did  Shakespeare  have these  Moments Too
Did Hemingway say  "hell I'm through?" 
Did tthe Bronte sisters say let's just go shopping and 
Did Steinbeck say 'let's all go bar hopping?

So how  does a poor soul like me then cope? 
I focus on  one  happy thought to use'
And then put o my confy shoes- because if my feet can't breathe ,
There would be no  muse.  

Then I take that concept and try to find all rhymes
To which  it might connect at least a couple times
Then I dream of childhood days my buddy Dr. Seuss
And start weaving words in patterns and some completely loose

Before I know it words are springing  from my mind
You'd be surprised  about the ideas that I find
The train of words that  rumbles through seems to go  on and on
The writer's block that once  was there is now completely gone

The product that i soon have is a semi-poem draft
But as we all know the first one is the hardest of our craft.
This method rarely fails me so I'm passing it to you
Have fun  with  "red fish, blue fish, the grinch, green eggs and ham

They'll get you out of  nearly every language jam

This was  my helpful  hint to bring  peace and joy  to mind
If you discover others tell me what  you find.  

No comments:

Post a Comment