Sunday, March 10, 2019

WHOINVENTED DAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME?

DDAYLIGHT SAVINGS TIME?
WHAT A CONCEPT!!!

Look at your phone.... it probably has the right time on it and maybe your computer.... but your  microwave, stove, and any of those old clocks that  have numbers and those little  pointy things that go around and around if you put batteries  in  it from time to time are all out of synch with reality this morning.  Well maybe... I have never really understood this daylights savings time.  Yes.. I know was thing  Benny F --Oh you know  the kite flying bifocal guy who went overseas during revolutionary time and had himself a good old time-- invented the idea to help farmers by having their kids home from school to work while it was still light during planting season... You know  just another way to get a return on your investment with kids LOL.   So I know conceptually where it comes from.  The question is about the "saving time"  part.  I don't  know what that means.  The seconds still tick away like that annoying  clock  on 60 minutes and thousands of time still fall through  your personal  hour glass.... so someone please explain this to me.

How exactly or where  exactly  do you save time.  I've never seen the "First National Bank "Time Savings"  account Or The Jefferson County Time Savings and Loan or Even the 45Second Community Credit  Union.  


Even if you could save time what would  you save it in?  Well I'm not exactly sure how much space time  takes up but  Einstein (sp)  had a space/time formula maybeI should look  it up.  Myabe you can save  this time in a shoebox or  if you really save a lot of time maybe you need a big rubbermaid  tub?  I know one thing  for sure  you cannot save tin any Tupperware  container because  it would take you so long to find the right lid (if it even exists)  that all the time you were  saving would now be lost while looking for the lid.  


But  on the other hand maybe people really do believe they can save time.  They  like to go through the self-check out at many stores.  Let'tslook at that a second.  How many times a week do you go through  the U-scan or whatever it's called at your local stores?  I bet  you go through  twice maybe three times a week tops.  Now on the other had you have a usually friendly cashier standing there who  checks people out thousands of times  a week--week after week.  Do you really think you are faster at this than they are?  Let's get real.  Oh and even if you save all that check out time how do you know  that you aren't going to get into your car and get to the stop light just as it turns red and then  you wait for the minutes you just saved--nice work.  
Okay.. I think I've  beaten that dead horse....there's a different concept--quit beating horses dead or alive..

No what I want to talk about  now is not the time  you have  to save---but the time you have to spend (or use).  No matter what time your clock says or how many  you move the hands of it--you only get a certain amount of  time to spend on this  planet (or maybe another planet someday) and so don't worry  so much about how  you save it-worry about how you give it away.  Do you give it to efforts that you believe will make things better  for others?  Do you give  your time to teaching other folks how t do things they want to learn?  Do you spend time thinking about how  to make someone smile everyday?  In short, do you try to bring  a little more peace and joy into the time we have?  So that's most of what I have to say  about this "savings time" except for this little rhyme.




I'm going to do my damn best to die empty 
which means  I'd given all I had to give
For how long I stick around is not for me to know
My concern my friends is how I choose to live

I'll  use the gifts  I have  to do some hard things
And from time to time each  of you I shall annoy
But with every trip around the sun  that this old life brings
I'll be grateful  and seek some peace and joy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment