Sunday, May 26, 2019

With simple syllables I sincerely salute

So this goes out especially to all the people who have taken even a peek at my blog.  It also goes out.to a few people who have created  a bit more inspiration for me to write more again.  I could mention every member of my family but this is supposed to be a short intro.  I will mention everyone from the NoDaScope (Jane and Brad in particular).  I would give Tom Murray a shout out because of the way he talks about his writing projects  and their meanings   There’s Mac who has.   influenced my writing in the area of music mostly by tolerating  the painful first few years.  If youdon’t know who. Mac is well he’s one of a special folks I met in my college years.  Speaking of those years  there is Whiz and  Bob “Ramblin.Reha whose  comedic inspiration  is semi legendary   Each always knew how to make me  see joy in the smallest of  indiscretions .    In more recent days  there has been  Peter Leidy who has  helped me expand my  thanking  about everyday life  and some things like choices and independence   There is Scott Burlingame who really loves writing even though  sometimes  it is a chore.  Finally, I thank some twitter  folks including the writing and reading communities because they  me how the love of writing.can  be an obsession and a curse.  
Of course there are additional people I could name...but sometimes the names have  to be changedchanged or omitted to protect the innocent  and he omitted 



... yep Anyway here. It. Goes..

Some. Simple Passing. Praises

You folks are all amazing
And  inspire my  cryptic. Phrasing
And deserving. Of  my praising 
For favors. Big and small

When demons I am fighting  
You still make my days inviting
AAnd. You make some  moments exciting  
Sor I keep rising when I fall

Some live farther than the oceans  
Yet. You understand. My. Notions  
And  put up with my. Emotions 
When I’m low or standing. Tall

So sometimes when I feel. Fear 
I imagine that. You’re near
And you whisper in  my ear
Take a swing. Here comes the ball
Finally ..With  simple language I employ
And the syntax. I destroy 
Writing brings me peace and joy
And for that I thank you all

May the light you have inside bring you blessings


3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your light

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jim: I'm really enjoying your blog. Did you know I am a Catholic Worker? Dorothy Day and Peter Maurin set up the Catholic Worker in the Great Depression and it continues today, all over the United States living out their mission of making the world an easier place to live. Peter Maurin was the intellectual foundation of the movement--still is, even though he died in 1949. May I suggest that you get a subscription to the Catholic Worker newspaper? It will cost you one cent. You'd love it! Your writing reminds me of Peter Maurin's "Easy Essays." You can check out his writing here and see for yourself: https://www.catholicworker.org/petermaurin/easy-essays.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will most certainly have to check that out and at that price how can one not see what it says thanks for the suggestion

      Delete