Sunday, June 23, 2019

Your recipe for the greatest cupcakes ever and the peace and joyg

STAYING IN THE NOW  AND LEANING. FORWARD WITH PEACE AND JOY

The  only time we have is now.  So thank you for using your time right now to read this.  The only other time you have is whatever time you are privileged to have after this.  

That’s it so whatever you did before now is just a lesson of a ile of gifts you can use now.  If there are mistakes and regrets take them to the counter marked “lessons” and ask for a conversion kit and when you get whatever you can for your old stuff leave it there.  

So you say...well. That all sounds good but it isn’t that simple.  You are right it isn’t.  However, it is possible with practice.  Here’s how Ipractice.  Whenever I think about things that went wrong (and believe me I think a lot) I ask myself “why did. I do that in the first place?”  W”What was my purpose?”  Usually my purpose made sense especially  given the information I had then so that means I wouldn’t. Have done  anything differently regardless of the results.  So then I think what did I learn.  The first lesson I usually  come up with is my ego makes me think I have more control over  the world than I do.  Second, I usually  conclude that I didn’t make  my actions clear to the right or enough people at the time.  In looking at that question I usually  ask myself why I was afraid to  inform or ask more people about what was going on right then?  The answer is. Either. Ego or fear almost always.  Now whatever I feared has already happened or. Did not happen so I put that in the. Lessons learned pile.  Then all the rest of the stuff goes in the don’t need to think about it anymore dumpster.  Now, have I perfected this process?—Hell no!  I am working on it and it works for me.  


So let’s look at the “future.”  That I something that I find a bit more tricky.  WhatI do there is think about. Where I am now and how I can serve the universe in a way that aligns with my purpose (do you notice something there?—LIKE MY EGO?.  So the future is a dangerous. Place as you. Are inviting your ego in.  The upside is that ego  may be targeted at helping others and maybe more importantly helping others help themselves or helping. Others help others.  By the way  this is where  I think most “self-help” materials falls short and. It why  this blog shoots for common experiences. So that the “tribe”  can share more easily.  

Anyway in the. Words of Doc. Brown let’s go back to the future.  I prefer  to think of the future as a placeholder for my current dreams and thoughts of the future. Are simply the  building blocks I need to collect to  decide what happens as I am walking along the present path.  The future is a bag of things I am carrying. Along  with the lesssons from my past.  

Now the key  to seeking peace and joy is giving yourself permission to pull things out of each of those bags when you are where. You are right now and. Then putting the rest of the stuff in those bags down to pay attention to what is happening right. Now.  


Given the title of this  entry, it should be clear which of these bags of stuff should be filled with more  things—yes the building blocks for the future of helping others. Help others.   Why? Because that counterbalances your ego which is obviously a picture of who you think you should become.  I think as you are gaining wisdom you figure out two things.  Who you are changes automatically as you move forward, sideways, or backward and no single self-help Source can capture your beautifully complex being either physical or spiritual.  
Second, if you seek peace. And joy. Rather than winning and some notion of happiness the tools of your lessons and the  building blocks of your future. Will be far more useable.  

Wow. This is getting deep right?  So let me bring it into a  real  world context and in my  world that means  using a music or food  example...today I chooser food.

Let’s say. In the past you made cookies everyday.  ?Eventually  you either had everything to could. Trade your cookies for or were just really tired of making cookies.  Now let’s say. You also like cake in fact right now you ant cake.  What from. Your past. Could come. Handy.  Well Howe about your oven?  What about some flour,eggs, and sugar?  Those are all things from your lessons bag that might come in handy.  Now what  do you need to know in the present that will get you a cake in the future?  Well first you. Need the current desire to  to have cake or to have cake. With others (you don’t need a whole cake)  So you need to get a cake pan and some ingredients to make the cake some flavor and maybe the ingredients for frostingorsomemoney to buy the can of  frosting you want.  These are. All things you will use but  are not presently using.    However. “Seeking” these. Things can be  a fun and learning experience right and finding any of them can bring you peace to know. This is someting.  That will pay off.   Now  you have collected all the ingredients for cake and you are about to. Bake a yummy two layered  chocolate cake with white icing so smooth you can almost  see a reflection of. Your smiling face in it.  ....and  just then you find out that  16 people  are expecting. To have  desert?  Now what?  Here’s where the joy comes in.  You find out more people need  cake you can either  get more ingredients OR. You can choose to make cupcakes!  

Either. Way you are going to bring joy by having. The building blocks for cake ready to go.  


Okay, I had better sum up.

  1. Convert. Your heavy past tolighter lessons.
  2. Dreamland imagine and understand that these dreams. Are. Current. Visions of possible futures that you might create.
  3. Collect items that give you options to build a now  that matches those dreams for yourselves and others.
  4. When what. Was the “future” becomes the now check to see if you still want cake.”
  5. Smile and repeat


As you convert the past to lessons you will gain a sense of peace and as you share cupcakes you will have a sense of joy...

For today  breathe and think about desert.  

Tomorrow I’m. Going to talk about some of the cupcakes. I’m working on for this blog and  maybe some of the other  parts of the peace and joy menu... but life is short —eat desert. First!

No comments:

Post a Comment