Monday, September 23, 2019

Managing the Monday mindset and seeking peace and joy

SEEKING PEACE AND JOY—My Messy Monday Mindset

Oh I’m a bit  anxious, I’m not going to panic
Of course it is Monday but alas I’m not manic
I’m not in  a deck chair upon the Titanic
Or searching  McDonald’s  for something organic

But I woke up this morning  with a lingering  concern
that I wasn’t  so ready for the season to turn
There’ve been so many lessons  that I’ve  still got to learn
Which bridges to build and which ones to burn?

I wonder  which dreams I dare not forget
Reminding myself I’ll only regret 
If I give up on others who cling to hope yet
and draw up a list of who owes  me debt. 
Then I breathe deeply and my mind slowly shifts
I let it relax some and it gently drifts
I sing an old song and a strong  spirit lifts
The  part of my soul that highlights my gifts 

Sometimes I’m not sure  which gifts to employ 
You see some will create while others destroy
But just then  I throw out these thoughts  that annoy

Because I have a new week to seek Peace and Joy

No comments:

Post a Comment