Saturday, September 21, 2019

Peace and joy the playlist walk this way?

PEACE AND JOY — the soundtrack

This  offering is  just for pure fun.  Well...no..I suspect it’s got some hidden meaning in it, and can provides a bit of insight into  how I feed my soul through the sense of wound (or hearing if you will).  
People naturally  make sense of  experiences  by constructing  a narrative that makes sense to them whenever possible.  That being the case, I decided I would take the song titles from my “peace and joy” Spotify  playlist and form a short story...like I said...just for fun.   Will it require a stretch to include some fo these titles?  Yes, but learning as a part of. The seeking process requires some stretching from time to time.  So here. Goes:

*Note there are more songs on the list, however I went in order through the first 20. I’ll capitalize the titles and note the artist with initials  except for the first song which is by Enter the Hagas (sp).

ONE (ETH) morning in the 45 minutes prior to sunrise I set about my morning walk.  I lumbered  down the beaten path and  over the river.  It dawned on me that the lights on the huge “last billboard before you hit Canada were starting to fail on BOTH SIDES NOW (JC) but still provide enough light to highlight the west side of this BRIDGE OVER TROUBLEWD WATERS (S&G).  Since it was still pretty dark in the wesatern sky, I thought I’d look to see what stars were visible.  You know. You have to  do this from  time to time WHEN YOU SEE A CHANCE (SW).  I spotted a few stars and wondered what constellation  they were from.  Who am I kidding?  If they aren’t part of the big or Little Dipper I haven’t a clue if the stars belong to the Orion belt or maybe are shouting “hey man look at me for it is truly the dawning of the age of AQUARIUS (TFD)BEFORE I COULD GET A SECOND LOOK THE SKIES STARTED TO VEIL THE STARS AS IT WAS TURNING  FROM PRE-DAWN TO DAWN AND THE HEAVENS HAD NO CHOICE BUT TO LET THE SUNSHINE IN (TFD again).  I made a feeble attempt to remember other  cosmic signposts , but most of my solar system knowledge went out the window  when they deposed Pluto and like so much cosmic dust that knowledge is just “LOST IN MY MIND (THATH). Right then I realized the ALL I KNOW (AG) is it is a big universe out there and I have so much  to explore and learn.  I wasn’t going to be discouraged today just because I couldn’t NAME (GGD) a few stars among the billions out there.  As I reached the end of the walking path and could smell  breakfast from The Cracker Barrel, I notices a tiny pang of HUNGER.  STRIKE (TOTD) news from Detroit floated into mind as I stared in to the growing line of traffic headed out to make a buck and while their cars and headlights were SHINY, HAPPY PEOPLE (R.E.M.) these were not.  Still I mentally wished them a great day.  a few of the older drivers in rusty old trucks had the radio on and the windows rolled down and radios that  had once played that radical rock music belted out by BUDDY HOLLY (W) they now blasted out some  older white guy  spouting fear.  This D.J’s show would end soon because he had started at 3 A.M. (M20).  He would be replaced by a more popular clone and timewould stand still and go forward all at once for a person holding onto the last years of work before wandering. Into retirement.

I hit my traditional turning point and while I considered  going  on, I decided that wasn’t going to happen today.  Gone was the smell of pancakes and bacon as I walked up upon cars stopped for moments at the intersection.  Car exhaust was pretty much all I could smellMy brain wandered wondering what other  odors would be included in this walk.  But on any given day different aromas  floated  past my nose making me realize that regardless of where you stand you really can’t control the smells of things that are BLOWIN’ IN THE WIND (BD).  Now heading  into the sunrise that  was starting to light up the river, I couldn’t help but SMILE (UK) because when I hit this point there is a short downhill section and even though my legs are. A bit tired I always pick up speed.  Don’t get me  wrong no one’s going to mistake my pace with that of a RUNAWAY TRAIN (SA), but as. The last pieces of night DRIFT AWAY (DG) I know I’m going to make it back home before I have to  use a tree which is good since it’s getting  pretty darn light out. Taking the last few steps  off the bridge path I hit a sloping spot and start  looking for the walkway that will lead me back from this HIGHER   GROUND (SW) to the river banks where I live.  In a couple minutes I make the final right  turn and while I’m not. RUNNIN’ ON EMPTY (JB), I do feel the worn spots in my shoes  and think with gratitude about the number of miles these shoes have given.  I know that they have a few  hundred miles left in them as long as I DON’T STOP BELIEVIN’ (J)initial more important to have comfortable shoes rather than pretty ones.  

Well...I know I said 20... yet I think I’ve had enough and probably. You have to...Thanks for going on my “WALK OF LIFE” (DS)  or att least for one morning of this walk. Yes...I do listen to these songs. On my walk sometimes or a book and I really don’t think of much else.  I seek peace and joy by becoming a part of the sunrise and the traffic noise, and yes the smell of breakfast and car  fumes.  Now that you have walked with me, know that part of seeking peace and joy is retuning that favor by walking with some of you on good days and not so good ones too.  I hope. You get that feeling by reading these short raMBLINGS.  THANKS FOR LETTING ME WRITE THEM  FOR YOU... MORE SAOON

No comments:

Post a Comment