Wednesday, February 12, 2020

A salute to Abraham Lincoln


HAPPY BIRTHDAY  MR. LINCOLN

If you remember  a scene from the Miracle on 34th Street my “Santa” move will feel familiar...if not don’t worry It’s still a Wonderful Life.  Why am I. Going all holiday today?  Well I’m trying to get ready for Valentine’s. Day and my next entry is forming in my head fairly quickly which  scares me a bit.  Oh well I promised myself I’d write today to honor. Abe Lincoln the 16th President and after about three minutes of sitting here, I realized there was nothing I could. Write  that would honor him in the same way his own words might.  In short, I think I’ll just go all Gettysburg on this  For there. Are no words that can really capture the. Character of a man who. Would form a team of rivals to bring the ideas needed to unify and hold together a country that was  divided.  It took rare courage, not a bully, to do this...but I’m  not going all political now...I’m just saying Linclon’s words can consecrate this post  even when this blog is long forgotten.  

Well of course I mentioned that address which was a three minute speech that followed a two hour ramble by one of the most.famous orators of the day.  I have placed a link to a video rendition of the speech below so that you may  listen/watch and reflect at your own  pace over and over if you’d like.  

As far as seeking peace and joy goes, I have found three of Lincoln’s  quotes to be  most helpful especially in seeking change and in being. Patient while preparing for change.    I will close this post with the quotes and  be back for Valentine’s Day 

Reflect on these...

“You can fool all of the people some of the time and you can fool some of the people all of the time, but you cannot fool all of the people all of the time.”

“Given. Six hours to chop down a tree, I believe it is. Wise to spend. Four hours sharpening your axe.”

“If you count a dog’s  tail as a leg how many legs does a  dog have?  Four.  Calling a tail a leg does not make it one.”  

Thanks Abe!

No comments:

Post a Comment