Wednesday, February 26, 2020

The future is not uncertain and here’s your proof

THE FUTURE IS NOT UNCERTAIN AND HERE’S  YOUR PROOF...


Some of you  live in a world where there is not enough money to do  what you would like.  Some of you live in a world where there is not enough time.  Some of you live in a world where there is not enough help.  Yes and some of us live in a world where there is not enough peace or joy.  It seems to me a great teacher once said..”there will be poor always.”  

My point?  If we  as humans live in a world where there is always a need for more of one thing. Or another and has always  existed in  that  state, then where’s the uncertainty?  

Because it’s Spring Training time I have dedicated  a few posts to featuring baseball quotes and if I weren’t tired and a little lazy I’d insert the James Earl Jones  monologue from the”Field of Dreams here.  I’ll put a link to ayoutube  clip below.  However,  I’ll turn to good old. Yogi Berra for a shorter quote now.  He remarked, “the future ain’t what it used to be.”   And well...it sure feels like  he’s got a point...so let’s look at that .

Estimates suggest that we. Produce and share  as much information every two years to equal all the information that has been produced and shared in recorded history.  The term information. Overload seems woefully inadequate.  If you feel overloaded and disturbed then  feel free to repeat a phrase I use when that information anxiety creeps in.  

INFORMATION REQUIRES BRIEF CONSIDERATION TO DETERMINE  IF IT INCREASES MY KNOWLEDGE AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIRES REFLECTION TO BECOME WISDOM—ONLY SEEK INFORMATION WHEN YOU FIND THE NEED FOR  WISDOM AND YOU SHALL ONLY FILL THE CUP OF INFORMATION WHEN  NEEDED SO YOU SHALL NOT DROWN IN IT.   
Ok that’s a long reflective. Thought, however you could fall back on an old Irish  Folk tune...
I’m a rambler. I’m a gambler I’m a long way from.home
If you don’t like me then leave me alone
I’ll eat when I’m hungry and I’ll drink when I’m dry
And if the women (or whiskey) don’t kill me I’ll live till I die.  The fact is peace is possible if you don’t worry. So much about uncertainty and trust your  current self.  
Mark Twain (I think) reminds us that worrying (or uncertainty) is the most useless way to use our imagination.  

So here’s a task that I try to complete at least once a day... I try to imagine transforming something  in my hands into something useful  in the near future.  For example, my daughter handed me a clump of candle wax she had  removed from the jars the candles had been  held in.  I liked the smell and instead of thinking “what a waste..or why do candle companies rip us off...I started to imagine the candles  being  used through a new  wick.  I don’t have a cabinet full of  those on hand, however, I do have  an old bootlace and I can make a hole in the wax.... 

Will that work?  I don’t know, but I’m already imagining it will and that candle light  will brighten the future (or at least maybe later tonight

Well... I’ve written.enough. About this for now and  my future present  is about to include candle making and dishwashing so  imagine...don’t worry... and listen. To James convince  me that baseball is  still the greatest game.  More when tomorrow becomes today



No comments:

Post a Comment