Monday, February 10, 2020

Could be a miracle cure but it might suck

IT’S NOT A MIRACLE CURE...BUT  IT’S CLOSE


Today marks the fifth day I have been under the weather.  I won’t get too descriptive, however, I do have to stop a moment to examine that  saying—“under the weather.”  If you listeners to my podcast. Skip. Down a few paragraphs.  

What in the world does under the weather mean?  Why  “under” and why the “weather?”  I mean if I were feeling. Really well would I be in the middle of a phone call and say “yep I’m really getting stuff done Joe.  It’s probably because. I’m a little “above the weather.”  What if.you are just  feeling average are you “in” the weather or around the weather?  Is there a particular. Type of weather we’re dealing with that has to do with health?  I’m thinking there must be since right now I have a “head cold.”  If I get a little better  this afternoon will I only have a head cool?  I have this pain in my knee so  perhaps I’m experiencing a knee fog that may have resulted from a hip tornado?  One thing’s for certain this entry. Is not the  product of “lake-effect” intelligence.  

I suppose when I stop to think a minute and recall a little medical history, I shouldn’t really be shocked. About this strange language revolving around health and body parts.  Somehow we have made  some great advances in medicine despite calling a sharp pain in your. Shoulder a Joe Zebra.  What? You’ve never heard of a  Joe Zebra and yet you know what a Charlie Horse is?  Come now..... 

Anyway... I’m coming around to peace and joy pretty soon, however it’s an uphill climb when it comes to “modern” medicine.  Maybe. A look at medical history. Will lift my spirits?

DLet’s see... speaking of seeing....while  there are still too few females in medicine’s upper. Crust we can hold out hope.  After all there. Have only been prominent  female doctors since about  2600 B.C. So that’s a new concept.  Speaking of seeing and new concepts Cataract surgery was being taught  starting in about 650 BC just saying.  Before the age of antibiotics and the miracle cure known as aspirin we had several  monarchs (kings not butterflies)  making attempts at the miracle drub of the day.  While many know that raw honey is good for a lot things, several  kings used “cures for a lot of things all lumped together  to make  a miracle  potion of sorts.  In fact, “Theriac” combined the cure for several illnesses and poisons  (almost 65)  and stayed on the  shelves well into the 1700s.  
Thes Ypres of potions were  perhaps by the grandest treatment of all...the one  that we used for centuries and  yet. There is only. One word for it... It SUCKED!”  Yes...I’m talking about  LEACHES.

These  little creatures  preceded actuaries and insurance salesmen, and  even big. Pharma in bleeding the public when it came to health care.  Blood “letting” techniques were used for  all types of treatments and on people of all social strata.  I didn’t. Come across. It, however, I imagine there is some sort of dquantity and attachment location manuals  for this treatment somewhere.  If you had a nasty infection on your. Left elbow there was  the 7 leach two hours drain whereas if you had inflamed hemroids that. Had to be something different.  The only problem is that this technique  probably didn’t work all that often and had some  significant  drawbacks. One “patient/victim” of blood letting was. The father of our country  George Washington.  It is believed he literally had the life sucked out of him.  

...And with that phrase.. I roll around to peace and joy.  


If we will have blood sucking bugs attached to us, drink potions, have magnets and electrodes of all types attached to. Us in all types of places etc., then what more evidence do we need that we wish to live forever?  The thought that keeps running through my spirit is “it’s not how long you live, it’s how well you live”, oritdoesn’t matter so much how many. Days you have in your life as it matters how much life you have in your days.”  Sure you want to be  a person with a fairly healthy body and yet how much of seeking peace and joy really has to do with feeding and  healing your spirit and your “soul.”  I wonder if. People could. See your soul, would  I take better care of it.... and  now I write this thing called the peace and joy blog where I suspect people at least get a peak at my soul....so what do I learn from the world of body medicine that I can transfer to the world of “soul medicine?”  I think three things.

One—my ideas about peace and joy will have to  change over time.  After all, I wonder if I’m  still at the leach stage in some ways  that I view present. Challenges?  

Two.  Just like so many people in the past, how often do I listen to the “snake oil salesmen” of self help rather than doing the regular kmentally healthy activities to develop immunity and resilience??  
Three.   What will I. Do to help keep my environment  healthy for  me and for others?  It’s hard to  stay healthy in a toxic. Environment regardless as of  what you do for your own body and soul.  Now those are three things I think about and the third one prompts my next entry “FWhat a peace and joy environment looks like and five  ways to grow one.”  


So that’s for tomorrow which means  this is enough  for today—don’t forget that  leach on the back of your left leg...

No comments:

Post a Comment