Tuesday, January 29, 2019

It was a dark and stormy night sort of

IT WAS A DARK AND STORMY NIGHT



Well it was a snow storm and not that dark really…but I have been doing a little reading about writing and  heard this was the kind of starter that gets people’s attention… 

So anyway..
I  turned my head just in time to see the flash of the  camera and then hear the shouting  start….

Another one  of those attention grabbers…how  am I doing?

Okay seriously….

I just wanted to  post a thanks  for all of you  who get out and brave the weather in the winter to  perform a sometimes  seemingly  thankless job……shoveling your  sidewalk and if you live  on the corner I doubly thank  you if you make sure the curb cut is cleared.  

Pedestrians like me really enjoy some of the silence of winter and it is doubly pleasant when  I don’t have to trudge through  drifts and unattended  piles of snow  on public walkways.  So thanks  to all who get  out there and do the work…. and for some it isn’t much work at all  because  you have a snowblower or a four wheeled device with a blade.  Well if you happen to have one of those  do me a huge  favor and a favor to your whole community…..  go 10 extra feet in one direction or another…hell go crazy… do the whole  block!!

There were four small drops of  blood leading to the basement door—-yes that’s just another  one  of this lines but  here is the real deal.  Thanks for shoveling…it matters and  more than you may think for those who get some joy from walking in the crisp winter.  

He closed  his eyes and grinned  slightly as his shorts fell to the floor…..

Okay  he knocked them off the dresser because  he was looking for a sweater to go out and shovel.


Have a great  day

No comments:

Post a Comment