Tuesday, February 12, 2019

Acceptance is not surrender

ACCEPTANCE IS NOT SURRENDER— It is recognition of CHANGE 

Well… for  most of my adult life… i felt acceptance  was the same as surrender  and to  be quite honest  that  often  turned  me into “A Rebel Without A “PAUSE”  I didn’t  listen  very well to the universe  and didn’t  quite frankly really understand either  grace or any other  sort of inner light.   What i understood was that  if I were true to my purpose and my purpose  was to enhance  the world somehow.. then  I should never  accept anything that moved me from my  chosen path.  (Notice I said “my”  chosen path)..

Well a few years back I finally  ran into a wall enough times and hard enough that my  view started to shift a little…. and thanks  to the words  of a  song penned by my friend Mac  and some words  I added because they fell into line, I put together this song.  

Well just because  you sing something doesn’t mean you learned it….with the possible exception of the alphabet song.  So it was this , and until a few  months ago it started to dawn upon me what the song was trying to teach me.

Life will change.  You can keep some things in some places for a little  while, but  you will eventually  be asked to accept that things have changed and you can keep your passion but you may have to use different tools and take different avenues than you  ever imagined.  There will be times when you are not quite sure  how or if you fit in your own life  at a given moment and that is  hard.  However, if you can understand  that there are new paths you  were meant to explore and  can do so with some  curiosity and hope…. things will be okay and you will be accepting  but not surrendering.  

So today I  am posting this idea of acceptance is not  giving up it is changing to stay connected  with  your dream or purpose.  

Anyway Thanks Mac …so many  years  ago for letting me  steal the best lines of your song and add  some that I needed.  Now I am sharing  this with  you folks  so that your  path to  peace and joy is a little  smoother if that’s what the  universe intended… otherwise know  that from time to  time life is just that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment