Friday, February 8, 2019

Achieving Some Sort of Balance is a Step Toward P&J

Yesterday was an exceptional day.  Some parts were exceptionally  joyful and well some were let us just say not so much.  The reality isLife is like an amusement  park at times.  Sometimes you are  on that log ride and  you get to enjoy someone else getting soaked while  you barely get a refreshing splash and other  times  you happen to pick the bumper car that is just a little bit  slower than most soyou become the target of  not only your  group but of everyone who wants to get a real shot  at someone.  But maybe  most of all somedays  it is the roller coaster over and over ... and for me that was yesterday.  

Well I will spare you the goriest  details I had to fill  out an "online" document  that  could have taken about thirty minutes, however, it was not very well designed and  while you could tab forward to  some blanks you had to  manually  move to other  spaces.  This is always frustrating  for those of us who learned to type on a good ld Royal or Smith Carona .  --Those  are  actual typewriter brands but don't worry I'm not going to  get all historic on you lest I get accused of  referring  to tablets as my children have reminded me "no Dad not those tablets like Moses  brought down from the mountain--an iPad."  

Okay  back to my day of  achieving  balance.  There was a form from  hell and speaking of hell our big envelope from the tax preparer came and the results were  not quite as  nice as we had hoped....I guess we  are contributingg to the "wall fund" at higher rate than I had expected...so can I request my brick be placed somewhere nearSan Antonio so that when I go  to visit it there will be some other things to see?  

Well there was all that  and it took  a lot of time to absorb all the  disappointment of being so far behind schedule... 

Then just like the roller coaster my day reached the top of the  big hill and the phone rang.  It was  my friend   Peter (although  according to sources his friends call him Pete) and he and I had a great conversation about  all of his faults--not really it was about  spreading his message of work engagement, listening, supporting  one another and being passionate  about living.  You know finding some  Peace and Joy.  

Okay... then it's late afternoon and  I spent another hour complaining to various family members about the rotten part of my day...and then the roller coaster crested the  second  and more gentle hill.  and  I decided that  no amount of complaints were going to change  the rotten parts of the day and that before I went to sleep I was going to work hard to "finish"  a song written by my brother.  Now this is  one of his first  efforts to put a song down on paper and have me  record it...but lordy  did  it feel good to focus on something creative to cap off my day.   
As Jimmy V said in his ESPY speech  (you can Google it)  If  every day  you can laugh a little, be moved  to tears, and love a little then that's a good day... and that's  a day of achieving  balance.   So yesterday  turned  out to be a lesson in seeking  peace and joy for me.... so a word  of thanks goes out to the amusement park we call the  universe....

Oh  and the song?   Well of course  you can hear it.

Just know the video (like most always  with me is just something  I plaster on to make  these video files)  is just the moon....but in this case  it was  symbol  of an object I can see at the same time  he is seeing it in the sky... and that helps me sometimes...

Here we go... The Way  It is Today by Don Whalen with a little  help from yours truly...

Enjoy.





No comments:

Post a Comment