Friday, August 2, 2019

Back on the road in peace and joy assumptions and expectations

BACK ON THE ROAD TO PEACE AND JOY

From time  to time in a person’s life time  disappears.  It seems like some months go by very quickly even if some days are very long.  There are moments that  change lives and time periods where it seems no change takes place for a good long while.  For me, in the last month I made  a couple trips back to the p0lace of my youth and was struck by how some things have changed dramatically while other things remain the same.  Or maybe everything has changed but some things have just changed at the rate I expected.  

These trips prompted me to think of  the “catching a ball traveling at  90 mph?”  I would ask how many students through they could catch a ball tossed to them and the ball was  traveling at 90?  Even. More, I would  as if they could catch it bare handed?  Most students said that would be difficult or impossible.  I told them that I believed  nearly every student in this room could do it.  Do you. Think you could?

I believe most of you could.  What is the basis of this belief?  Do I think you are all sports superstars?  No.  So here’s  the deal.  Get in  your car and find a freeway where it is relatively deserted and get your car going. 90 then very softly  toss a ball back and forth between  two or mor passengers.  

Technically you are catching a ball going 90 easily and bare handed.  You see it is all relative.  Change is relative too depending upon your perspective and expectations.  Which leads to the point of this post.  Seeking Peace and Joy almost always  takes the courage to  look at things in a “relative” way  by reflecting upon  your. Current expectations and assumptions.  


So if. You are  planning on seeking peace and joy starting with. A good look at assumptions is. Not a bad  leaping off point.  The next few posts  are going to  feature my (and I suspect al lot of folk”s ) assumptions and expectations.  

My time on the road last month helped to clarify some  fo these for me mad helpers me  take a few steps forward on the road  called  seeking peace and joy.  

BTW I’m happy to be  back here by the river and and by the keyboard sitting at the familiar spot  on the table.  


Have a tremendous today.

No comments:

Post a Comment