Sunday, August 25, 2019

Lessons from books?

LESSONS FROM BOOKS?

What might I learn about  the human/spiritual journey?

What  in the words the author uses reminds  me of me?  
What characters and their actions  seem like me or someone Iknow?
How did I feel when I was  reading/listening to this book?  
These are a few  of the questions to be. Asked when  engaged with any book.  It might be easier with  a work of fiction, but not always.  With non-fiction you can explore how the materials are. Presented.  Is it a narrative?  Is the outline of materials easy to. Understand for me?  If I had to write index cards or a PowerPoint is this book arranged in a way that. Would help/. 

Finally, how would. You explain this book (or teach)  the stuff inside) to somebody else.  
Well..those are the questions a book begs me to answer in order to  gather up the insights that  provide a learning space and thus for me provide  a treasure that leads to  further peace and joy.  

I know, I know, this has been a little deep (full of crap some might say) for some- and  yet  in order to build a compass for seeking peace and joy I have used books often and wanted to share.  There are. Other places where I’ve learned lessons for building a compass and the song in the video mentions some...

So  here are the  “rhymes—lyrics” that point. To. Some other sources of wisdom for me and what has resulted from my journey. Thus far.  Next Week since stores have Halloween things in them...maybe  I’ll take a look at  fears on the road to seeking peace and joy.


“Lessons”.  Lyrics

Pre-verse 

I’ve learned great lessons from professors and books
Graceful half-drunken women and burnedoutfry cooks
I thought it was time thatI passed them along
So I sat up one night and wrote down this song ...here it goes

Verse1 The wiser I get the more that I’ve found
Your body just carries your spirit around
There’s a new circus around every turn
And the best thing to do is pay attention and learn
And pass all these lessons to the next passers  by
try to enjoy life and understand why
But if why eludes you don’t  wallow in frets
don’t let your butterfly wings get weighed down with regrets and

Chorus 
Breathe and Stretch
And Dance your own dance
Laugh and  Smile when. Life gives you the chance

Verse 2 
You’ll rarely finish but. You’ll. Often restart
Take your. Brain with. You but follow your heart
And don’t compromise  on the things you might change
Understand  normal but celebrate strange
Don’t chase the chaos Nor worship control
Run it full throttle when you’re on a roll...and

Chorus

Verse 3
I’ve heard sermons in bar rooms and in churches learned “shoulds”

But some of the best prayers I’ve ever heard were whispered in. Woods
don’t be afraid to believe in forever
But be careful with words like always and never
Don’t shake your fist in the mirror when your patience wears thin
Every dream has it’s time don’t let apathy win ....and...

Chorus

You’ll try to help many
But you can’t  walk in their place
You can’t battle their demons
Especially ones they won’t face...
These are my lessons nearly all that I know
But if you learn half of these then you’ll find your glow and  you will have learned how to...

Chorus

Keep Learning!

No comments:

Post a Comment