Saturday, August 24, 2019

Seeking peace and joy requires excepting change

ACCEPTANCE ON THE JOURNEY 
Today and tomorrow will be rhyme and song days.  The two  songs represent  themes in the books I described in the  earlier posts this week.  I’m pulling this  music video from  one of my YouTube channels and it is an oldie...but a goodie from. My perspective.   Anyway here is the rhyme (the lyrics) and Enjoy the shorter. Entry for today and tomorrow

Certainly seeking. Peace and joy requires understanding acceptance so here.goes...

acceptance 
By J. Whalen (with a big assist -borrowed. Some lyrics-from Mac)

My eyes are getting clearer...My feet are on the ground
I can feel this thing it’s turning around
There’s a channel of. Light thtat’s starting to glow
And it’s not the same as it was not long ago
When I was standing  here with my heart in my hand 
Not quite sure just who. Could understand
That gray  had stolen all my crayons
and a perfect storm hit my  perfect  plan
My. Map it now  has fuzzy lines
The road once  straight well now it winds.
One size fits all, but I’m not that size 
And I need those words ones from the  wise
Like scripturesa up upon the wall
Here are the words. That I recall
Chorus
 Life is a set of changes
From time to. Time they’ll rearrange us
Sweep us between safe and dangerousAs. The wheel of fortune spins to name us
Cracks our lenses then reframes us
Cracks our lenses then reframes us 
We can walk with saints but no one’s blameless
We can take the  rain drop and make the golden ray
Grab the magic from the moonlight and bring it to the lights of day
Find each and every promise lying  out there in the fray
But when we can’t  we must make peace with fact my friend that life is just that way

V2 
My Friend Bobby says “Ludes” 
Keep laughing from the  road less taken
Though midnight’s gone and you’re awake
Your body’s haunted by an an ache and 
The ground you swore you stand is quaking
Assumptions made they were mistaken
Your faith  holds on but it is shaken
The sages they sit quietly while the fools have much  to say
But you can find. An Isle of Hope in an ocean of  dismay because you know....

Chorus

V3

To you  more than most it will be known
Life’s what we share not what we own
Riches they’re not piles of gold
But the light in their eyes when their story is told
Surely  than can be progressing
Through the crying and confessing
Yes of course there’ll be some. Testing
And you’ll eat some salad without French dressing
But you’ll know each and every. Blessing... because. You know...

Chorus

No comments:

Post a Comment