Saturday, August 3, 2019

Expectations and seeking peace and joy this blog and the podcast

WHAT DO YOU EXPECT THIS IS ABOUT PEACE AND JOY?

Next week on Tuesday or Wednesday the Peace and Joy 505 podcast will go live (so to speak...actually recorded and not pre-recorded (for as Carlin notes  you can’t  record something before it is recorded just like you can’t pre-heat an oven.  The oven is either  being heated or it is not.  Well  let’s get. back to the podcast launch.

You  may wonder why one might listen to a podcast when you can  read the blog/. Good question!  well there are two good reasons and a bunch of egotistical ones.  I’ll leave  it up. To you to judge which are which.  One good reason is that you can listen instead of read.  Now that means you can do this in your car.  Could. You read the blog in your car?  Sure but then you would have to. Interrupt  the three text conversations you are having, changing the station or music selection, and so on. Next you could hear my convoluted stream of  thought as it really happens and wouldn’t have to  use a literary guide to figure. Out if I’m making  one or two hundred punctuation errors per post.  In addition, it may feel more like  a conversation with me or one of the voices in my head.  Believe me... I do that all the time and it is entertaining from time to time.  

Now in preparing for this  experiment I have read several “expert” guides to podcasting and of all of them state clearly that the introduction episode should tell the listener where the podcast is headed.  Well here’s the deal.... the entire point of building the “community” of readers or listeners is NOT  for me to tell you where. I’m going and  most certainly not  done so that I can tell you where to go.  People have been telling me where i can go most of my life...but that’s another story—i think.  

So what can you expect?  Well, I could. Claim I’ll provide a map that might be useful  in seeking peace and joy.  You see but that wouldn’t exactly be true...I will let you see “my” map but mostly my focus is on sharing  how I have and continue to  build my compass.  I can share all the parts I use and some I have thrown away.  

My expectation is that you will build the greatest compass in the universe for you and go way beyond the borders of my map.  However, if we  walk together on our journey for a while that will bring me peace and joy.  

So my expectation for the podcast and this blog is to share  things that’s have seemed to be useful  for me—what kind of ego does that take?  Well a rather  large one I suppose, however,  I did say I am only offering  these things.  I  will not judge those who. Don’t accept  any or  all of my views...I’m just offerrring lessons (mistakes). I have experienced.  The. Podcast will just give a more personal voice to things.  Will it  have guests?  I am planning on it.  Are you welcome to suggest topics?  Oh Good Lord Always!

Well I have rambled almost. Long enough and yet I want to sum up a bit on things...
When you introduce something  new into someone’s universe you are often commanded to provide an expectation  of how  the world will change as a result.  You are supposed to outline the goals and objectives....Well I say no!  I am only going to help you find a stone or two to throw into. The river of your experiences.  You can toss the stone into the river where you may choose and  watch the ripples..but those are your ripples not mine.  I really expect very little... I think it was Mary Oliver (a poet) who said something like  our job in 

life is to bawalet learning enhance our  awareness, become astonished, and tell the world.  that is what  the podcast and this blog are about.  So that’s what I expect of me... I will respect whatever you expect from you...as long as we  are on the  journey of seeking peace and joy.,

Tomorrow a word or two about Assumptions... ones I used to have and ones I have now...right now I expect I have typed enough and assume you  are ready for me to quit...so that’s all.

No comments:

Post a Comment