Friday, August 23, 2019

Who moved my Peace And Joy?

WHO MOVED MY PEACE AND JOY?

Well between yesterday and today I went back and listened to “Hitchhiker’s Guide” and  Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance because it had been a while.  I also listened to  Abby Waumbach’s Wolfpack which  was based. On her  fairly famous commencement address.  I ran through a list of books I have on my phone and  ones I have read/listened to multiple times.  I was trying to end this  topic with the one book that has influenced me more than any other.  Well, after some deliberation I  have decided to admit I failed in choosing one.  After going back to listen. To a couple of my favorites this week it becomes pretty  evident that  my favorites have  held up over time, and yet they  have been important because  of the place and time I  have read or reread them.  Having said this, I did pick a “final” text to  talk about today.  

In a world where things  seem to change oh so quickly,  I thought  about “Who Moved My Cheese” by Spencer Johnson.  
It’s an. Old career development/organization change tale  about “little people and mice” who live in a che3ese maze and get comfortable with  the pile of cheese they have. Found at one cheese station and keep eating there until they. Have eaten all the cheese there.  They come to that old familiar. Spot one day and discover or at least think someone has moved their cheese.  The four inhabitants  of. This maze. Are  hem, haw, sniff, and scurry which described their  basic. Initial  reactions.  It’s a short story so.  I won’t give. You the whole spoiler  alert info, however, the bottom line is that 3 of the four eventually understand that they have to. Live with the change and explore in the maze to find new. Cheese and three of the four realize that  they need to always be  ready to seek out new cheese in unknown partsa of the maze.  

LSeeking peace and joy often includes understanding that something from  time to time in life will be taken  from you or slip away and that  you may face fear or go through a period of  being unaware.  After. Reading this again so  long ago I realized that for me seeking. Peace and joy requires  accepting change—whether I wanted it or not—and then I needed to or need to explore what is possible  at almost any given moment and in almost any place.  

To sum up this  book is about  the process of change and acceptance and in some ways about  learning to be hopeful about the “future” or more accurately about  the present in. Times after. Right now.  

So that wraps up the books I will  point to as important in my process as of learning about what I  have learned.  They all are sort of “quest” or journey works.  They all include  elements of loss or acceptance.  As I promised I will offer a “rhyme” in the form of lyrics and and a song....or two...because like the books one. Won’t quite  do it.  
So....here’s  a sneak peak at eh rhymes/lyrics for tomorrow and the next day.

“Acceptance”  verse two

My friend Bobby says Ludes...
Keep laughing from the road less taken
Though midnights gone and your awake and your body’s haunted by an aching 
The ground you swore you’d stand is. Quaking
Assumption made they were. Mistaken
Your faith’s not gone  but it is shaken
The sages they sit quietly While the fools have lots to say
But you can find an isle of hope in the ocean of dismay because........ (chorus—you’ll have to wait for it tomorrow..)

Lessons “pre-verse” 

I’ve learned  great lessons from professors and books
Graceful half-drunken women and burned. Out fry cooks
I thought it was time that I pass them along

So I sat up  one night and wrote down  this song ...here it goes

No comments:

Post a Comment