Sunday, August 11, 2019

I Peace And Joy digital distractions apologies unplugged

APOLOGIES  UNPLUGGED


Yesterday I heard that in light of recent shootings some Wal-Mart  stores were pulling “violent” video games from their  shelves.  Oh, they are still selling guns and  bullets so they aren’t getting carried away by all the social media and political rhetoric.  I don’t know all.the answers.  I only hope I’m asking myself the right questions.  I hope that for everyone.  I do wonder how  some folks get  so disconnected from their  humanity and the humanity of others?  Seeking Peace and Joy  will require some curiousity about such things for me and given that I wrote this  little rhyme (maybe a song in the future).  It’s sort of  my apology for worshiping at the altar of technology without being more thoughtful sometimes.  The children of today deserve  a bit of  the apology and  the children of these children may deserve it even more.  The jury is still out.  Anyway here. goes...
  want to say we’re sorry for starting  AOL
Did we open  up the planet or just the gates of hellll?
I couldn’t really guess it’s too early to tell 
But I wrote this little ramble to wish you all quite well

The future is a toss up it won’t be  only  doom
You’ll have  a robot  vaccuum so you won’t need a broom
You’ll have screens large and tiny in nearly  every room
I only hope we stop before we stream NetFlix to the womb

Please put up some solar  so the sun can bring. us power
And put down twitter and facebook each for just an  hour
Play out in the grass a bit and draw  things in the dirt
Chase some fire flies just at dark you will not get hurt

You might  let a robot drive your car so you won’t get in a wreck
And stay in touch with. distant friends by using. some high tech
You may get your  food delivered by a drone that the store hires
But never miss a chance to hear some guitar  by campfires

And if there is a fiddler get them playing too.
and. If you’re old enough  crack open  a cold brew

With all the automation you can  call FaceTime or text
But no smart phone can tell you what in life will happen next
You’ll have to listen to your heart and soul and keep growing  yourself
Now and then take all the gadgets and leave them  on a shelf

I don’t know where all this started. And I’m not sure where it ends
In digital disorders? And only shallow friends?  I really. Don’t. Believe. That  but on us it all depends

Seek Peace and Joy each morning then go check the  YouTube trends

No comments:

Post a Comment